MBABCP / Counsellor and psychotherapist
CBT psychotherapist qualified to work with adults, with a specific focus on life's changing stages: young adulthood, new parent, mid-life and beyond.
I have a passion for supporting and developing others which resulted in my previous career as an award-winning learning and development practitioner. Following a wealth of emotional life experiences and my own counselling, I decided to re-train as a psychotherapist. Such lived experience enables real empathy for others and a deep understanding that life can be a challenge. I am a registered member of the BABCP, have enhanced DBS, am fully insured and a member of the ICO for data protection and GDPR.
· Level 7 Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
· Level 6 Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills
· MEd Psychology of Education
· Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (Counselling Tutor)
· Certificate in Learn to Love Online Therapy (Private Practice Paperwork)
Prior to retraining I have experience working in mental health within the NHS, education and third sector. As a psychotherapist I have volunteered and worked predominantly in charities and now run my own private practice.
· Volunteered for the Bristol Mindline, a confidential helpline offering support for those experiencing distress. I also worked as a trans-ally on the Trans helpline, an emotional mental health support helpline for people who identify as transgender, agender, gender fluid, non-binary.
· As a counsellor for Mothers for Mothers, a charity run by mothers who have recovered from depression, anxiety or isolation during pregnancy or after the birth of one or more babies.
· Within charities including Mind, offering counselling for a range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, trauma, long-term health conditions.
What I can help with
· Divorce and relationship breakdown
· Pregnancy, prenatal, postpartum
· Long-term health conditions
As well as: Anger management – Bereavement and loss – Career guidance – Menopause – Parenting – Self-esteem – Trauma – Women’s wellbeing
Types of therapy
I offer a range of therapies including cognitive behavioural therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy. I also draw from my previous coaching and development career to offer additional tools and techniques, where appropriate. Working collaboratively, we will explore and make sense of your experiences together so that you can replenish, renew and move forward. I endeavour to create a safe, non-judgmental environment where anything can be shared.
Clients I work with
I work with adults from 18 years, through all life’s stages including those in the later years of life.
How I deliver therapy
I am happy to offer a free 20-minute telephone introduction so we can meet, discuss what’s troubling you and see if the way I work might be a good fit for you. I offer both long and short-term face-to-face therapy as well as online therapy on platforms such as Zoom/Microsoft Teams. Each therapy session will be between 50-60minutes long.
Call: 01454 605 365
Free 20-minute telephone introduction.
Cost: £50.00 per therapy session.
I have some reduced cost places, please enquire for information.
Appointments can be arranged to suit your needs. Some late afternoon and evening
appointments are available.